Monday 24 March 2014

MAC The Obsession

So, I have been totally MIA over these past two months since I started my blog and I'm really not setting a good impression for myself - note to self 'start blogging more'. I have had this post saved in my draft since I came back from Amsterdam in February. I will try my up most to be more regular with my postings
xx

 Over this weekend I have spent my time in Amsterdam and of course purchased two new MAC lipsticks. I felt that to justify this purchase I would do a blog post on a few of my favorite lipsticks in my collection. 


Up The Amp an Amplifed Creme finish, it is a beautiful lavender purple that glides onto the lips and is so moisturising. I feel like this colour looks beautiful paired with a black smokey eye for a bold, gothic statement look. 

Lady Danger a matte finish, a vivid bright coral colour. The perfect lip for a ombre lip using a dark red lip liner such as Brick from MAC on the outer corners and liner and blending in some Lady Danger in the middle to create the appearance of fuller, plumper lips. 

Honey Love another matte finish lipstick. A beautiful dark, brown nude colour that paired with some pinky nude lipgloss makes the perfect nude look that lasts all day or night. 

RiRi Woo a very matte shade from one of Rihanna's previous collections with MAC. Although I love the colour of this lipstick and how matte it transfers onto the lip, it is VERY VERY VERY drying so I only wear it for short periods of time. Also, before I wear it I make sure my lips have been exfoliated and moisturised to the max!!

Creme Cup a creme sheen finish, a light blue undertone pink, very moisturizing to the lips. Probably my most worn MAC lipstick, I have lost count in how many lipsticks I have gone through in this shade! Although it doesn't last for a considerable amount of time, with how beautiful this colour looks when applied, the thought of re application throughout the day really doesn't faze me! 

Myth A light natural nude shade, absolutely beautiful on the lips - glides on like a dream - speechless for this shade!

Rihanna VIVA Glam a satin finish, so so so so so (can I say so one more time, please!) moisturizing lipstick. With a lipglass paired ontop it makes for the perfect creamy, glossy, pigmented pout! 

(Left-right - Up the Amp, RiRi Woo, RiRi Viva Glam, Lady Danger, Honey Love, Creme Cup, Myth)

What are your fave Mac Lipsticks? Any suggestions on my next lip stick purchase?
x



No comments:

Post a Comment